Thursday 10 January 2013

With an eye on the my Architectural portfolio I headed off yesterday to search for good light and see what I could get. After a very pleasant lunch with Stuart Ross (a very talented graphic designer and artist), which included a walk through Tate Modern I wandered along the river.

I had some idea about where I wanted to head to, and made my way slowly toward Tower Bridge. I knew this would be a very mainstream photograph but there is nothing wrong in that, and it will be nice to have things to remember London while I am overseas. After all the times I have been riding on my bike and thought how lovely these iconic structures our, I should endeavour to make photographs of them for my London book anyway. I am not sure if I prefer colour or black and white and feel they both offer different qualities so you can see both....



Turning away from Tower Bridge I saw a great opportunity to make a shot. As ever around this area it was filled with tourists. Option A, just take the shot and not worry about the tourists, never going to happen. Option B, take the shot several times and hope everybody moves enough so I can layer and mask them out in post, too many people. Option C put the big stopper on and see if a long exposure will erase the moving people, give it ago. So with the ten stop nd fitted I started the shot, standing and wishing everyone to hurry up and not stand still for a second. I became aware of a security guard approaching, obviously using a tripod makes me different from all the other thousands of people taking photographs on what is apparently private land. He turned out to be kind of a cool guy and I guess he is only doing his job, he let me continue my exposure and we chatted about Mayor Boris (who I once photographed), and then I was on my way again. I would have liked a second exposure to be sure but have to admit, I am fairly pleased with the result, feel free to let me know what you think....


  See you soon, and don't forget to keep spreading the word, or of course contact me if you need a photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment