Sunday 22 January 2017

Quick and Sleeklens...


Quick and Sleeklens...


Hi, this is going to be a quick rest bite from the road and a look into Sleeklens Lightroom presets bundle.

So just before Christmas I was contacted by Sleeklens and asked to have a look at their new preset bundle for Lightroom or Photoshop. Now I shoot mostly commercial work, but you will know that I also hit up a lot of street and landscape work during my travel pieces for Nat Geo Traveller. 

For my commercial work I use both Lightroom and Photoshop to produce the final images, mostly with my travel work I predominantly work with Lightroom, so I opted to test the Lightroom pack.

Honestly I am not a big fan of presets, I find that they can lead you down a generic path and make everybody's work look similar, lets face it there is nothing more important as a photographer than your individual style. Having said that I ran through the preset library and brushes to see what they had to offer for my workflow. 

As I suspected the preset library offers a selection of fairly generic looks, remember presets should only be used as a base to start from and develop further. The brush set on the other hand does offer, for me at least a more useful collection.

Overall, I would say that the Sleeklens presets for Lightroom are useful, if just for the brushes. I don't think my workflow will be revolutionised, but I expect I will employ the brushes in my processing work.

Here are two editions of the same image, one processed using Sleeklens and one with just Lightroom, you can decide. If you like the Sleeklens look, get on over to their site and order your package.

Without Sleeklens....


With Sleeklens...


Next time we will be back on my tour and exploring the beautiful Taroko Gorge, so plenty of landscapes to enjoy there.

Until then, check out my WebsiteInstagram , TumblrTwitter and Linkedin. Remember to LIKE COMMENT and FOLLOW.

Feel free to get in touch, if you have any questions, bookings, assignments etcetera, I am always interested to hear from you (contact me).


Love to all...




No comments:

Post a Comment