Sunday 9 October 2016

On assignment for Nat Geo Traveller - The Six Senses Resort and Spa.

The Six Senses Resort and Spa.


I finished my last blog entry with a little list of what was to come, first up was a report of the amazing Six Senses resort and Spa. 

Having been travelling for a few days, spending time filing paperwork for my visa and then walking the streets of Chengdu for five hours, I was sure looking forward to getting to the resort for a few days. Living out of a bag and bouncing from place to place was getting to me, four nights in one place was going to be bliss. Sure I was going to be busy while I was there, I am always up against it on an assignment. Only one thing was on my mind though when I arrived though, the spa.

I met the friendly and engaging Olaf (guest liaison manager), discussed the planned schedule, and then booked a massage and facial. My hips were very sore from all the walking, flying and carrying of heavy bags, Nancy in the spa really made all that drift away. The massage was perfect and my tired skin was rejuvenated from the facial. A weary traveller could not ask for more, just check out the spa location too, it is stunning....






Feeling totally refreshed, and wonderfully relaxed I settled for the evening knowing ahead of me were a few days of heavy footbassing (walking) and image hunting. Fortunately I could not have been in a much more beautiful resort to return too, here are a few shots of The Six Senses Resort and Spa, I highly recommend it, a really wonderful place, run by really wonderful staff.














Let's not forget my room, it was amazing. They are more like villas, and you can even have a private set with a courtyard if you travel with family and friends...













There are a few restaurants in the resort, lunch in the little square with high quality tea is a must..


Then choose between Chinese, Thai and Western for your evening meal, what a lovely place to eat dinner...


Finally the view, now I am a little restricted as to what I can show you here, you can see a shot I made in the NGTUK magazine which is currently featuring my work from this assignment which almost brought a tear to my eye it looked so beautiful when I witnessed it. This is what I can show you though....





If you like what you have seen, and I would recommend it as a great base to explore this part of China from, go to Six Senses Resort and Spa Qingchenshan to book a relaxing and welcoming stay.

As you know there is more to come in this series so you will see what is in the area...

Until then, check out my WebsiteInstagram , TumblrTwitter and Linkedin. Remember to LIKE COMMENT and FOLLOW.

Feel free to get in touch, if you have a questions, bookings, assignments etc..


Love to all...











No comments:

Post a Comment