Tuesday 9 October 2012

So here I am freelance and waiting for a model to arrive, at least she has let me know she is running late.

I had to rush of yesterday and get my passport sorted out in double quick time as we may have a trip to Asia coming at the end of the month (very excited about that). 4 hours and £128 later i have the passport, the picture is a marked improvement on the one I have suffered with over the last 10 years so that's a bonus too.

What did I do while hanging around for 4 hours?

I went to check out some galleries. First up Tate Britain and the Turner prize short list for 2012...

Well as ever it is an eclectic collection and created mixed emotions (which is better than no emotions as it is supposed to be art). Reading the comments board at the end was curious, mostly negative, some just irrelevant, and the odd oddity which made me chuckle. "Wu Tang Clan" I think was the clincher for me, pinned right at the top of the board..hahaha.  The populous vote was for Paul Nobel's work, this may be because it is the most accessible.

I then wandered up to The Portrait Gallery. I tend to walk most places once in London as I don't feel you see anything in the Underground and buses are too slow. Walking past Victoria palace Gardens I heard singing and discovered Paloma Faith was in the park.

Continuing on through Parliament Square and up toward Trafalgar Square I spotted a very interesting character and just had to get his portrait......


Well the Model is here, I hope you enjoy this dude, he was very cool.....

No comments:

Post a Comment